> Conferences & Workshops
Conferences & Workshops
Many conferences & workshops were organized by the department during last 5 years. Some of the important technical events organized by the department are given below.
- Prof. Anjan Ray along with Dr. S. Hedge (Applied Mechanics, IIT Delhi) organized 16th ISME Conference on “Mechanical Engineering for SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT” during 02-04 December 2010 at IIT Delhi.
- Dr. Harish Hirani along with Prof. J. Bijwe (ITMMEC, IIT Delhi) organized Ist Tribo-India conference on “TRIBOLOGY of AUTOMOTIVE SYSTEMS” during 11-12 December, 2009 at IIT Delhi.
- Along with Prof.T.S. Srivatsan of University of Akron, OH, USA, Dr Naresh Bhatnagar organized Seventeenth International Symposium on Processing and Fabrication of Advanced Materials during 15-17 December 2008 at India Habitat Center New Delhi.
- Dr Sanjeev Jain along with Prof Bengt Sunden of Lunds Universitet, Sweden organized a workshop on Advances in compact and micro heat exchangers for sustainable development at IIT Delhi during Jan. 7-8, 2008.
- Prof R S Agarwal organized a one day conference on Meeting Challenges in phase-out of CFCs from India’s RAC Servicing Sector for Ministry of environment & Forests in collaboration with Government of Switzerland and Government of Germany on 9th March 2005. The main focus of this conference was to share the initiatives taken to minimize consumption of CFCs in this sector in India and solicit the active cooperation and support of all the stakeholders.
- Curriculum Development Cell workshops (under CDC-QIP) were organized in the areas of Teaching Thermodynamics in a Generalized Manner and Heat Exchangers Design and Optimization by Prof P.L. Dhar and Prof Sanjeev Jain respectively.
- Prof R S Agarwal organized work shop on Technology Cooperation for Next- Generation Mobile Air Conditioning in association with US-EPA, UNEP, UNDP, MoEF, TERI, during March 3-4, 2005. He also organized a workshop on Alternative Refrigerants and Cycles for Engineering College Teachers, during October 29-31, 2004.
The department organized more than 40 continuing education programmes during last five years for engineering college teachers, engineering trainees and working professionals in industry. These programmes were conducted with the help of QIP/CEP office and FITT (Foundation for Innovation & Technology Transfer).
Department also organizes periodic lectures/seminars by visitors to the department and was fortunate to attract a large number of eminent researchers/practitioners to deliver the same. During last three years more than 50 lectures/seminars have been organized by visitors to the department.