Datla, Naresh Varma
Areas of Interest:
Fracture and fatigue, Adhesion and adhesives, Tissue-device interaction mechanics
- Ph.D., University of Toronto, Canada
- M.E., Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- B.Tech., National Institute of Technology, Warangal
- Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering, IIT Delhi, 2014-present
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Mechanical Engineering, Temple University, Philadelphia, USA, 2011-2014
- Research Assistant, Mechanical Engineering, University of Toronto, Canada, 2006-2011
- Scientist, Satellite Structures Group, ISRO, Bangalore, 2004-2006
- Research Assistant, Mechanical Engineering, IISc Bangalore, 2002-2004
- N.V. Datla and P. Hutapea,"Flexure-based active needle for enhanced steering within soft tissue," Journal of Medical Devices, vol. 9, pp. 041005, 2015.
- N.V. Datla, B. Konh, M. Honarvar, T.K. Podder, A.P. Dicker, Y. Yu and P. Hutapea, "A model to predict deflection of bevel-tipped active needle advancing in soft tissue," Medical Engineering & Physics, vol. 36, pp. 285-293, 2014.
- N.V. Datla, A. Ameli, S. Azari, M. Papini and J.K. Spelt, “Effects of hygrothermal aging on the fatigue behavior of two toughened epoxy adhesives,” Engineering Fracture Mechanics, vol. 79, pp. 61-77, 2012.
- N.V. Datla, M. Papini, J. Ulchni, B. Carlson and J.K. Spelt, “The effects of test temperature and humidity on the mixed-mode fatigue behaviour of a toughened adhesive aluminum joint,” Engineering Fracture Mechanics, vol. 78, pp. 1125-1139, 2011.