Areas of Interest:
Solar cooling, Building energy efficiency, decentralized energy systems, natural refrigerants, recent interest in understanding of brain, mind and consciousness.
- PhD, M.Tech. and B.Tech. : Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Delhi.
- 1996- till date: Faculty of Mechanical Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology Delhi.
- uly 2005 to June 2006: Visiting faculty, Mechanical Engineering Department, The University of Auckland, New-Zealand.
- Mar. 1994-July 1996 : Post PhD industry experience in DSM group and GEI-FHM consultants.
- July 1987-June 1989 : Bajaj Auto Ltd., SSO-II in CRDT at IITD.
- Amit Sharma, Sanjeev Jain, SC Kaushik and Amit Kakkar, Potential of U-Shaped Heat Pipe Heat Exchanger in Tropical Climates for Low Sensible Heat Ratio”, accepted for ASHRAE Transactions, 2017.
- Aayush Agarwal, Mayank Khichar, Sanjeev Jain, Transient simulation of wet cooling strategies for a data center in worldwide climate zones, Energy and Buildings, 127, pp.352-359, 2016.
- Selvaraji Muthu, Prabal Talukdar, Sanjeev Jain, Effect of regeneration section angle on performance of a rotary desiccant wheel, ASME J of Thermal Science and Engg. Applns, 8(1), March 2016, pp 011013-1 to 011013-9.
- Gezahegn Habtamu, S.C. Mullick and Sanjeev Jain, Diurnal and Seasonal Experimental Performance of a Liquid Desiccant Solar Regenerator", accepted for ASHRAE Transactions, 2017.
- Gezahegn Habtamu, S.C. Mullick and Sanjeev Jain, Experimental Performance of Solar Collector cum Regenerator for Coupling with a Liquid Desiccant Cooling System, 16th International Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Conference at Purdue, USA, July 11-14, 2016.
- Sai Y., Dibakar Rakshit, Sanjeev Jain, Selection of an Appropriate Solar Adsorption Chiller System for a Cold Storage Facility, Proc. of the International Conference on Energy Research and Development, Kuwait, March 14-16, 2016.
- Rajat Subhra Das, Sanjeev Jain. Simulation of potential standalone liquid desiccant cooling cycles, Energy, 81, 2015, pp. 652-661.
- Rajat Subhra Das, Sanjeev Jain. Performance characteristics of cross-flow membrane contactors for liquid desiccant systems, Applied Energy, Volume 141, March 2015, Pages 1-11.
- Trinath Mahala and Sanjeev Jain, Thermodynamic potential of solar driven vapour absorption systems, Paper no. RESD211115 presented at International Seminar on Renewable Energy and Sustainable Development, June 15-17, 2015, College of science and technology, Royal University of Bhutan, Bhutan.