Honours & Awards
Honours, Awards & Prizes
- Prime Minister of India has honoured Prof R S Agarwal for his valuable contribution to IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) which has been declared as the joint winner of Nobel Prize for Peace this year. Prof Agarwal has also received the Montreal Protocol Technology and Economic Assessment Panel (TEAP) Champions Award in recognition of extraordinary service to United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP). He has also been conferred with Stratospheric Ozone Protection Award for his technical leadership in Refrigeration & Air Conditioning and in recognition of the exceptional global contributions in the first two decades of the Montreal Protocol.
- Dr Kiran Seth has been honoured with Padma Shri award. Apart from teaching Operations Research and other Industrial Engineering subjects at IIT, he has been synonymous with the SPIC MACAY movement which he founded more than 30 years back. The award is a recognition of his efforts to spread Indian music, heritage and culture to youth across the country. This year he has also been voted as NDTV Indian of the Year under Arts and Culture category.
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission has conferred on IIT Delhi Golden Jubilee Award 2007 for Excellent work done in the field of Khadi and Village industries. Many department faculty have contributed towards work done in the field of Khadi and Village industries.
- Dr D Ravi Kumar was awarded Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellowship for carrying out research on Sheet hydroforming for automotive applications at the University of Stuuttgart, Germany for one year (Jan-Dec 2008). He is also recipient of J. M. Mahajan Outstanding Young Teacher Award of the department for the year 2008.
- Dr P V M Rao has been awarded 2005 Vasvik Award along with Prof M Balakrishnan & Dr Kolin Paul of Computer Science & Engineering Department and Mr Dinesh Manocha of NAB.
- Dr Sanjeev Jain has been appointed as the Chairman of Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Committee (ME03) of Bureau of Indian Standards w.e.f April 2008.
- Paper titled "Experimental Investigations into the Effect of Delay Time on Part Strength in Selective Laser Sintering" authored by Prashant Kumar Jain, Pulak Mohan Pandey and P.V.M. Rao has been adjudged as Highly Commended Paper at International Conference on Manufacturing Automation ICMA07, held at National University of Singapore, Singapore.
- Many faculty members served on the editorial boards of national and international journals. Faculty members were also invited to be editor of special issues of journals.