> International Collaborations
Mechanical Engineering Department collaborates with many national and international institutions and organizations. These collaborations are in the form of faculty exchange, student exchange, joint curricula development projects and joint research & development projects. The notable among them are University of Birmingham (UK), KAIST (South Korea), Concordia University (Canada), Asian Institute of Technology (Thailand), INSA de Lyon (France), University of Maryland College Park (USA), L'Ecole Des Mines De Nantes (France), Ecole Centrale de Lille (France), Technical University of Darmstadt (Germany), Universitšt Stuttgart (Germany), KTH (Sweden), City University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong), University of Virginia (USA), INSA Toulouse (France), University of British Columbia (Canada), Ecole des mines d'Ales (France), Auburn University (USA), EPFL (Lausanne), Ohio Sate University (USA), The University of Massachusetts (USA), Department of Atomic Energy, NTPC (India) Parametric Technology Corporation and CAPART (India).
- The department faculty (Prof A Chawla and Prof S Mukherjee) collaborate with University of Birmingham in the area of crash reconstruction and injury correlation under the aegis of UK India Education & Research Initiative (UKIERI). They also have collaboration with University of Virginia as a part of the Global Human Body Modeling Consortium.
- IIT Delhi Mechanical Engineering Department and Institute of Production Management, Technology and Machine Tools (PTW), Technical University of Darmstadt have signed an MOU on 30-07-2007 during visit of German Chancellor Angela Merkel to India to start a bilateral research project Designing Lean Production Equipment and Manufacturing Systems with funding from BMBF, Germany and DST, India.
- Along with KTH Sweden, Loughborough University, UK and IIT Roorkee, IIT Delhi participated in development of UG/PG curricula in the area of Sound and Vibrations. This was carried out as a part of EU Asia Link Project involving above institutes. New set of UG and PG courses in area of Sound and Vibrations have been developed as a part of this collaborative effort.
- Department has MOU with Ecole Centrale de Lille, France with Prof N Bhatnagar as Coordinator from Indian side. Faculty exchange, student exchange and joint Ph.D guidance have taken place under this programme.
- Institute has initiated an Indo-Swiss Joint Research Programme on Microengineering with Prof S Mukherjee as coordinator from the Indian side. This programme will bring researchers from IIT Delhi and EPFL Lausanne to work towards development of new products, processes and technologies in the field of microengineering.